Monday, July 6, 2009

campout fitness and personal overcoming!

this weekend was the church campout. i swam in the lake 'my mother always told me' (well, sometimes mothers should just shut up! O_o ) was full of sewage, leeches and lice; shucked some (evidently poisonous to eat) freshwater clams(?) with my bare hands for their beautiful shells, and to prove to myself i *could* do the gooey job; and... swam across the lake. and back. all 260 some pounds of me. with my friend maria. whoot whoot!

it was a big adventure for both of us. it was awesome! we went slow and steady, and sat and yakked on the other side before we headed back. it took us a grand total of approximately an hour and a half to do the trip. according to gmap-pedometer.com, our approximate route was almost exactly a half-mile (ie. .25 there, .25 back).

too bad there is not a gmap-swimometer, lol~!!!! :D

the view was amazing, there was a storm rolling in, so huge white clouds were billowing up from behind the mountains, and the sun was beating down on us and making the clouds glow. wow. God's creation is amazing, reflecting His glory. wow.

1 comment: